Turned On Its Head is a dance company based in Leicestershire. We are looking for an ambitious, energetic dance artist apprentice to join our team.
Working on a freelance contract our new apprentice will support our Sponge Play workshops between October 2017 and February 2018. The workshops will be delivered in family and nursery settings across Loughborough, Leicester and Nottingham. During this time the apprentice will be mentored and developed. We are looking to invest in someone who has a strong interest in collaborative improvisation, a love of creativity and likes to take risks!
- Have your own car and be willing to travel, but be based in Leicestershire or Nottinghamshire
- Enjoy working with very young children and have some experience already of this (but not necessarily through dance)
- Have a flexible approach to working
- Have your own public liability insurance in place (or willing to have this)
- Agree to have a DBS check (if you don’t have one already)
- Be able to come to a session in Sept to meet us, dance with us and talk to us.
- Pay you a training fee of £1000 for approx. 25 half days and pay you for your mileage.
- Provide mentoring support
- Be flexible around your existing working commitments
Please send us a covering letter, of no more than two sides of A4, telling us about you and your work, and what interests you about this opportunity, together with a short video clip of you leading dance work – any setting/group is OK as is film shot on a iPhone or similar.
Turned On Its Head recognises that sometimes writing/forms can be a barrier to people applying. Please get in touch if you’d like to submit a video/audio as your entire application.
Turned On Its Head is an equal opportunities employer and applications from BAME candidates are encouraged.
Please send all applications to Sallie@turnedonitshead.org by 25th August 2017.
If you have any questions do email us.
We look forward to hearing from you.